General renting conditions Autos Isla Verde
USE OF THE VEHICLE
The renter receives the vehicle and accessories described in the contract in perfect working conditions and commits to preserve and drive the vehicle following the rules of the “Código de Circulación”. It is expressly forbidden:
- Transport people or goods if that implies directly or indirectly the sublease of the vehicle or its inadequate use.
- Unauthorized drivers.
- Transport more people than authorized on the technical sheet.
- Unsealing or manipulating the odometer (in case of its damage contact the lessor immediately).
- Use the vehicle in sport competitions of any kind, to tow or push other vehicles or to teach how to drive.
The breach of any of these prohibitions automatically suppose the loss of the collision and personal accidents coverage.
Equally, the company reserves its right to terminate the contract without prior notice and take ownership of the vehicle as well as keeping all deposits.
RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
The vehicle must be returned at the place, date and time accorded in the contract. In case of delay at delivery, the lessor charges a fifth of the agreed daily rate for every hour delay. If the company is not being notified of contract renewal the client may be reported for misappropriation.
SETTLEMENT OF THE LEASE
The lessee apart from paying the costs mentionend on the contract, will pay for:
- Loss or subtraction of accessories, tools, spare tyre, battery or documentation.
- Fines resulting from the breach of the “Código de Circulación” as well as crane costs generated from improper stationing.
- The insurance offered by the lessor covers the lessee or authorized driver against civil liability for unlimited quantity as well as bails and legal defence.
- The acceptance of the supplement payment of the collision coverage exonerates the lessee of the payment all costs, excepting the cases mentioned in the first section.
- The acceptance of the supplement payment of the personal accidents coverage encompasses expenses of the driver and passengers.
Expressively excluded from the coverage are loss, theft or damage on goods transported in the leased vehicle. Tyres, glass and partial thefts are not included in the coverage mentioned in this clause.
In case of an accident, the lessee is required:
- Leave the vehicle at the accident place until the local authority is present.
- Communicate the lessor company immediately.
- Not to pact an agreement with the other party about the accident.
- To not leave the damaged vehicle without taking the necessary steps to avoid further damage or loss.
- To gather all the details about the driver, owner, vehicle and insurance company.
Even if the vehicle is fully insured, it can be hired with or without excess and it will be specified on the contract.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LEASE
The client manifests being fully authorized to drive the leased vehicle and completely responsible for it.
- The complete responsibility for damage experienced to the car, other cars, people, objects, animals or overall third party’s relies on the lessee driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any substances that alter its mental capacity.
- The driver also takes responsibility for passengers and goods transported as well as the sanctions derivated from it. Should the car result unusable after the accident.
- The driver of the vehicle in the mentioned conditions will also take responsibility for passengers and goods transported and the sanctions that derivate from it. The lessee will be deprived of the right of substituting the leased vehicle for another one in case of resulting unusable after an accident and neither a reimbursement for any concept mentioned.
For any issues that could result of the compliance and implementation of the contract, the party’s will submit expressly under the jurisdiction of the Judges and Court of the Province of Santa Cruz de Tenerife with waiver if they had it under their own jurisdiction.
TERRITORIAL AREA OF THE CONTRACT
- It is specifically forbidden to take the leased car out of the territorial space of the Island where the contract is made, unless otherwise agreed on with the lessor company.
- Should this clause be breached, the contract will automatically be terminated and the lessor company has the right to exercise at a court for its rights.